Selecting the Right Fencing Contractor
Installing a new fence can improve your property’s aesthetics, but also the value. You may choose the best design and material; however, a lot depends on the contractor you select too. You want a contractor that has a variety of fence materials, and the expertise to install a fence that will look great today and years from now. While you have numerous options for fencing contractors in Pennsylvania, taking your time to pick the right contractor for the job can save you money and hassles in the long run.
Tips for Selecting the Right Fencing Contractor in PA
Fencing does a lot for the property. Not only does it serve as a property boundary reminder, but it adds value, protects pets inside your property, prevents wildlife from trespassing, and can keep young children from wandering off. Whether you have a commercial or residential project, use these tips to narrow down the list of choices for contractors:
- Fencing Options: Some fencing contractors specialize in wood, while others work mostly in vinyl. To truly get an array of options, you need a contractor that offers a variety of fencing choices, including driveway fences, aluminum, iron, railings, pool fencing, vinyl, and more.
- Specialty Fences: Sometimes, your fencing needs go beyond the core fencing types. For example, you may need deer fencing around your property or need pet fencing for your farmland. A dependable contractor is one that can fence your home and your agricultural property at the same time.
- Maintenance: Fences are designed to last, but they do require maintenance if you want decades of lasting performance. A fencing company that installs and has maintenance plans is perfect because then you have a single source handling all your fencing concerns.
- Years in Business: Look for a company that has several years of experience and has been open long enough to establish a reputation. You are more likely to receive a quality product when the staff has been working with the same company for multiple years.
- Warranties and Insurance: A fencing contractor should have a workmanship warranty and possibly, offer a manufacturer warranty on the fence components. Furthermore, they must have insurance, such as personal liability insurance, when working on your property. The business is also required to have workers’ compensation when operating in the state of Pennsylvania. If the company does not have insurance coverage, avoid hiring them.
- Consultations: You want in-person estimates for your fence. After all, fencing costs are based on actual measurements, and you cannot accurately estimate without measuring the property and fence line. Not only do you want someone to come out and physically measure the property, but you want a detailed estimate that tells you the cost of labor, materials, and any removal costs you might experience.
Choose Deer Fencers for all your fencing needs. We are experienced contractors with years of experience installing residential, commercial, and deer fencing in PA. Call us at (800)753-4600 today or contact us using our online form to learn about fencing or to schedule a consultation.