See-Through vs. Solid Fencing: Which One is Right for You?
Helpful Advice from Your Fencing Experts at Deer Fencers
Do you need a new fence for your property? Choosing the right fence can pose a challenge as fencing is available in a variety of styles, colours and materials. The final decision often comes down to certain factors such as your personal taste, budget and how much screening you desire from the outside world. Before you choose your fencing type, it’s important to test out a panel and view it from different angles to determine how see-through or solid it is. How much privacy you want can greatly influence which style of fencing you choose.
The Pros and Cons of See-Through vs. Solid Fencing
Despite the many fencing options to choose from, deciding on whether your fence should be solid or see-through should be fairly easy to determine. For instance, certain materials perform better when used in a specific way and much of your decision will depend on local regulations, reasons for the fence and personal preferences. Here is a closer look at solid vs. see-through fencing to help guide your decision-making process:
- Offers maximum privacy by blocking any outside activities.
- Provides increased security and deters wildlife or other intruders from entering the property.
- Keeps children and pets safe and protected.
- Buffers street noise and noise from potentially loud neighbors to offer a more tranquil environment.
- Protects against wind and blowing debris.
- Blocks view and does not allow for natural light.
- Can make your outdoor living space feel too enclosed.
- Most solid-fencing materials require more maintenance such as wood, though vinyl is a good alternative.
- Provides an adequate amount of privacy and safety for children and pets, while keeping wildlife and other intruders out.
- Allows you to maintain your view and encourages natural light to enter the property.
- Enables you to see what is going on outside your property.
- Most see-through fencing styles are decorative and aesthetically pleasing.
- Offers limited privacy, though shrubs and other types of greenery can be planted alongside your fence to provide more of this.
- May infringe on your neighbor’s privacy.
Contact Deer Fencers to Find a Suitable Fencing Option for Your Home
These days, fencing systems are not just meant to provide homeowners with safety, privacy, or a noise barrier. Rather, they can be installed for decorative purposes and enhance the aesthetics and value of your property. While privacy and security should be a priority when it comes to fencing, that doesn’t mean you have to compromise on creativity and style. We are committed to finding you an ideal fencing solution that integrates all these elements, so you can benefit from a fencing system that is not only functional but that is also beautiful. If you need help picking a suitable fence for your property, get in touch with the professionals at Deer Fencers today.
Are you debating between a solid or see-through fencing system? Reach out to the fencing experts at Deer Fencers. We can help you find the best fencing option to suit your needs. Call us at (800)753-4600 or contact us using our online form.