Is it Time to Upgrade Your Fencing to a Maintenance Free Material?
Advice from the Trusted Fence Experts at Deer Fencers
Fences offer a number of practical benefits like providing privacy and protection. However, building a fence that is made from the right material can also make an aesthetic statement and significantly improve your home’s overall curb appeal. One of the most coveted residential fencing materials used today is wood. When compared to other fencing materials, wood is both lightweight and inexpensive and it can also deliver the perfect amount of character. However, failure to maintain your wood fence may cause it to fade and warp over time, quickly turning it into an eyesore. Contact a fence professional who can help you determine if it’s time to upgrade your fence to a maintenance free material.
Exploring Maintenance Free Fencing Materials
While wood fences are charming and provide unique character, they need regular upkeep like staining and painting to keep up their appearances. Aside from the occasional washing, the following fencing materials are virtually maintenance free and may provide you with more value for less effort:
- Vinyl: A fence made of vinyl has a smooth and shiny surface and can also mimic a wood grain texture. You can enjoy privacy and never need painting or regular touch-ups to keep it looking in top condition. Dust, dirt, and other debris are easily cleaned off with water and these fences are ideal for hilly yards.
- Aluminum: An aluminum fence is designed to look like decorative iron fencing but without the rust component. It is made from durable yet lightweight material and can come in a variety of colors including black, white, beige, bronze and more. Aluminum is one of the easiest, low-maintenance fencing systems to install and you can achieve an ornate look without the high cost.
- Chain Link: While chain link fences don’t offer a great amount of privacy, they are essentially maintenance free and provide adequate security for pets and children at a low cost. Additionally, these types of fences are easy to install and are perfect for larger properties.
- Treated Wood: If you can’t part with your wood fence, make sure you replace your existing system with pressure or chemically treated wood. It is an economical choice that will resist insects, moisture, and extreme temperature changes. Treated wood only needs a new coat of stain, paint, or fungicide every few years.
- Composite: A fence made of composite materials can mimic the look of wood or metal fencing. However, composite, which is made from recycled plastics and wood fibers, will neither rot nor rust and is extremely low maintenance. Composite fencing offers privacy and its rough surface will hide scratches or imperfections much better.
Find Reliable and Affordable Fencing Products and Services at Deer Fencers
If you are trying to decide whether making cosmetic changes to your existing fence or upgrading your fencing material is the most appropriate solution for your property, speak to one of our advisors at Deer Fencers. In addition to helping you choose the right fencing solution; we also specialize in regular fence maintenance services to ensure your new or existing system provides you with several years of good use. Together, we can design a fence maintenance program that suits your budget and lifestyle which may include periodic inspections, repairs and more. Whether you are looking for a more practical deer fencing system or a more decorative option to enhance your curb appeal, we have an ideal solution to suit your needs.
To get a quote, call the team at Deer Fencers today. You can reach us at (800)753-4600 or contact us using our online form.